Friday, September 04, 2020

Mangia Semplicemente


As I savor a bite of the Magherita pizza from Positano Risto, I was reminiscing the time I had a taste of a slice of the same in US many years back. Italian cuisines are at their best in their simplicity (few ingredients) and what they focus, as a priority, which is quality (freshness) as well as preserving authentic recipes handed down through generations.

I also reminisced the time I was in Portugal - I loved the gelato made from fresh ingredients. You can really taste the flavor of the actual fruit in every bite/lick! And the awesome hot chocolate (I could never have such good quality cacao here in Singapore to make a cuppa).

Actually my wish is simple – to eat simply – eliminate GMO and processed food, do away with unnecessary preservatives and emulsifiers; in their place, source for fresh, organic, non-GMO, wholesome food… REAL food. And gradually emulating the prescribed prophetic way of living. May Allah swt make it easy for me and us, aamiin! Khayr insya-Allah☺

No comments: